20 Little Everyday Annoyances09:46
Niggles. We all have them. Lets face it, even if we constantly tell ourselves not to get annoyed at the small things, there's always those little things that get on our nerves. Maybe you can relate to some of these? Or maybe yours are completely different? I 'd love to know. I actually laughed at some of these when I was making the list as they are pretty stupid, but they still annoy me.
1. Putting the kettle on and then someone coming and using the water - Woah there, I'm the one who stood and waited for the kettle to boil, not so that you could come along and use it.
2. Being the first person up in the morning, therefore being the first to put the kettle on - It always takes so much longer, especially since you're in need of that 'wake me up' cup of tea.
3. Opening a door and someone else walking through first...but without saying thank you - Look I don't mind letting you through first, it's just a nice polite thing to do, but not having the manners to say thank you in return really?!
4. Peeling oranges - Those white stingy bits get everywhere, especially under your nail.
5. Burning your tongue on the first bite or sip of something - I'd like to be able to enjoy the flavours of the rest of my food.
6. Accidentally clicking the x button on a tab - Typically, you end up closing an important tab (yes, that may be netflix...shhh)
7. Tickly cough - They usually come at the most inconvenient times as well: in exams, at night, in a silent waiting room and everyone either just gives you the evil eyes or thinks you're dying. Have you ever tried to hold a cough in? Let's not even go there...
8. Thinking of a great outfit for the next day then going to put it on and find that one item is in the wash - You try and be organized but it just fails and you end up in a hoodie.
9. Someone repeating words whilst on the phone - My mum constantly repeats 'yes', 'yep', 'hmmhmm' and I usually end up like a ticking time bomb.
10. Getting into bed and forgetting to do something - Just when you think you're done for the day, then you remember you've not fed the hamster, not finished that piece of work...
11. Getting into bed and needing a wee - Do I need to say much more?
12. Spending a while preparing a meal and looking forward to enjoying it, then dropping it on the floor - This happened the other week and I cried - it smelt so good!
13. Taking a sip of your drink and it dribbles down you - It always seems to happen in public! Is this just me? (I swear I'm capable of drinking but there are times when a 'little' amount misses my mouth).
14. People standing in a busy pathway - The school kids at sixth form, urgh. Why do they feel the need to just stand obstructing the stairs? Like, please have some common sense and move.
15. Crossing the road and a car turns without indicating - Don't go beeping at me, I'm sure even a 5 year old knows that when you are turning whilst in a car, you need to indicate to not only worn other drivers, but also pedestrians who are wanting to cross the roads.
16. Dropping a folder, the rings opening and sheets going everywhere - So much organisation gone to waste.
17. Going to use something (like milk, jam etc) and there only being the tinest amount left - Usually the person who used it before probably left a bit so they didn't have to throw it out.
18. Slow laptop - Typically when you have work to be doing.
19. Slow or no internet - Literally feeling so lost and aimlessly wandering...
20. Basically, anything going wrong with technology - It's so surprising how dependant we are on it (or you could say addicted?)
Do you have any you'd like to add?